What are Blackberries – A Brief Overview
Belonging to the Rosaceae family, blackberry fruit is native to the United States and Europe. This low-carb, versatile fruit has been consumed for centuries. Packed with umpteen nutrients, blackberries are known as a ‘superfood’. These berries have an intense taste and a very bright color. They are available all through the year with the months between June and August being the peak season. An excellent source of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, blackberry fruit benefits the overall health.
So, its time to know blackberry better and we can proceed further in this discussion. Let’s check out the nutritional profile and ever-increasing industrial uses of this wonderful, power-packed berry!
Nutritional Facts About Blackberry Fruit
- Now that you pretty much know the fruit, so, what do you think? Are blackberries good for you?
- Well, blackberry is known as a superfood.
- Blackberries are packed with fiber, antioxidant, and other essential nutrients.
- These fruits are an excellent source of important vitamins including vitamin A, C, E, and K.
- Blackberry also contains important B vitamins including folic acid, pantothenic acid, niacin, and riboflavin.
- 100gms of raw blackberries contain 35% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C and 14% of your daily recommended intake of fiber.
- Blackberries are also a powerhouse of essential minerals including potassium, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium, iron, calcium.
- These berries are also an excellent source of amino acids.
Other Lesser-Known Facts About Blackberry Fruit
- The dark color of blackberries is due to the high antioxidant content in the fruit.
- The antioxidant content in blackberries is higher than blueberries.
- More than 370 species of blackberries are found across the world.
- Traditionally, the barks and leaves of the blackberry plant have also been consumed.
Top Industrial Uses of Blackberry Fruit
- Blackberries have a wide array of amazing uses and are used across varied industries.
- In the food and beverages industry, blackberries are used extensively in the preparation of wine, jellies, jams, sauces, candies, and ice creams. They are a key ingredient in many kinds of baked goods like cakes, pastries, muffins, and cookies. Blueberry is also used in various drinks including smoothies, milkshakes, juices, liquor, mojitos, cocktails, mocktails, and more.
- In the nutraceutical industry, blackberry is also used in the production of various supplements.
- Blackberry is used in the beauty and wellness industry for the manufacture of various cosmetic products including face wash, scrub, mask, & cream, lip tints & balms, and shampoos & conditioners.
Where to Buy Blackberry Powder From?
The industrial uses of blackberry fruit are limitless. From food and beverages to cosmetics, blackberry has taken up its space in almost all industries. If you are looking forward to ordering organic blackberry powder in bulk quantities, visit greenjeeva.com?today and place your order at the most competitive rates!
The above statements are not intended to cure any disease or comply with any health benefits. This is solely for information purposes. Please consult your doctor/health practitioner before consumption of the product. Although we take efforts to keep our website informative, we do not guarantee any medical benefits.