A wide variety of healthy snack options, expanding demand for on-the-go and convenient snacking options, and growing knowledge of the health advantages of eating healthy snacks are significant factors influencing the demand for healthy snacks.
Also, as people grow more health conscious and concentrate on boosting their immunity, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed consumer tastes toward healthier snacking options.
The global market for healthy snacks was estimated to be worth USD 78.13 billion in 2020, and from 2021 to 2028, it is anticipated to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1%.
Healthy Snacks And Consumer Insights
When it comes to buying decisions for healthy snacks, the following are the top influencing variables, per a survey done by the market research in 2018:
- Brand: The snack brand is also a consideration for some consumers, with 5% of survey respondents saying they prefer to buy healthy snacks from a specific brand.
- Ingredients: The second most crucial factor is the quality and type of ingredients used in the snack. 32% of survey respondents said they pay close attention to the ingredients list when choosing a healthy snack.
- Taste: Taste is the most important consumer factor when choosing a healthy snack. 45% of survey respondents said that taste was their top priority.
- Nutritional value: The third most important factor is the nutritional value of the snack, with 18% of survey respondents citing this as a key factor.
- Price: Price is a consideration for some consumers, with 3% of survey respondents saying they choose healthy snacks based on price.
The poll indicates that consumers place the most significant importance on flavor and premium ingredients when selecting healthy snacks. This emphasizes how critical it is for FMCG brands to create wholesome, healthy, and premium delectable snacks.
The Future of Healthy Snacks
Here are some potential future trends for healthy snacks based on current market insights and consumer behavior:
- Functional snacks: Snacks that provide additional health benefits beyond essential nutrition are expected to grow in popularity. For example, snacks that promote gut health or help with stress relief.
- Personalized nutrition: With the help of technology, consumers can customize their snacks based on their individual dietary needs and preferences. This could lead to the development of personalized snack bars, trail mixes, and other snack options.
- Plant-based snacks: Plant-based diets are gaining popularity, and there is a growing demand for plant-based snacks that are high in protein and fiber. Brands are expected to introduce more plant-based options to meet this demand.
- Sustainability: Consumers are becoming more aware of the environmental impact of their food choices. Brands will likely focus on creating sustainably sourced snacks, using eco-friendly packaging, and having a lower carbon footprint.
- Innovative flavors and textures: Consumers always look for new and exciting flavors and textures in their snacks. Brands will likely experiment with unique and unconventional ingredients to create exciting flavor combinations and textures.
Identifying Raw Materials
Different raw ingredients are utilized in making it depending on the type of snack.
Healthy snacks can be made from various raw materials depending on the product type.
Here are some examples of raw materials commonly used in the manufacturing of healthy snacks:
- Protein Powders: Protein powders such as whey, soy, and pea protein can be used to make protein bars and snacks. They are a convenient and efficient way to add protein to snacks, making them more satisfying and filling.
- Legumes: Chickpeas and lentils are becoming increasingly popular as a protein-rich base for healthy snacks like roasted chickpeas and lentil chips.
- Dried Fruits: Dried fruits such as raisins, cranberries, and apricots are a great source of natural sweetness and fiber. They can be used in snack bars, granola, and trail mix.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains such as oats, quinoa, barley, and brown rice are excellent sources of fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals. Due to their high fiber content, whole grains such as oats, quinoa, and brown rice are often used as a base for healthy snacks like granola bars and energy bites. They can be used to make snacks such as granola bars, rice cakes, and crackers.
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are nutrient-dense ingredients that can add flavor, crunch, and healthy fats to snacks. Nuts and seeds such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds are commonly used in healthy snacks due to their high protein, fiber, and healthy fat content. Examples include almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds. They can be used in snack bars, trail mixes, and nut butter spreads.
- Fruits And Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are often used in healthy snacks such as dried, freeze-dried, or fruit and vegetable chips. Vegetables such as sweet potatoes, beets, and kale can be used to make chips and crisps. They are a great source of vitamins and minerals and can be a healthier alternative to traditional potato chips.
- Superfoods: Superfoods such as chia seeds, flaxseeds, acai berries, and goji berries are often used in healthy snacks due to their high nutrient content and potential health benefits.
- Sweeteners: Natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, and coconut sugar can be used to sweeten snacks instead of refined sugars. They are a healthier alternative and can add flavor and texture to snacks.
When selecting raw materials for healthy snacks, choosing high-quality, minimally processed ingredients free from artificial additives and preservatives is vital.
By using these raw materials, manufacturers can produce healthy snacks that are delicious, nutritious, and beneficial for consumers.
Are You Searching for A Dependable Supplier of These Ingredients?
Look no further than Green Jeeva. As a leading provider of nutritional supplement ingredients, Green Jeeva streamlines the global supply chain for the nutraceutical industry. We handle all the necessary tasks, allowing you to focus on your core business. We ensure the prompt delivery of genuine products with proper documentation. Green Jeeva maintains a ready inventory and offers free shipping worldwide for large orders.
***These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease***