- Potency: 5 billion – 300 billion CFU/g
- Origin: Human isolate
- Attributes: Non-dairy, Gluten free, Soy free, Corn free, Allergen free, Non GMO, Preservative free, Vegan
- Available: Concentrate, Blend, Bulk Capsules, Stick Packs
- Appearance: White to cream-colored, free-flowing powder
- Shelf Life: Stable for 24 months at room temperature with proper storage and handling. Refrigeration is recommended.
Lactobacillus acidophilus is a species of gram-positive bacteria in the genus Lactobacillus. L. acidophilus is a homofermentative, microaerophilic species, fermenting sugars into lactic acid, and grows readily at rather low pH values (below pH 5.0) and has an optimum growth temperature of around 37 °C (99 °F). L. acidophilus occurs naturally in the human and animal gastrointestinal tract and mouth. A specially selected strain of Lactobacillus acidophilus is available as a culture concentrate or as part of a custom blend with a variety of excipients. It is available as white, to cream-colored, free-flowing powder.